Monday, January 19, 2009

01/12/08 - 01/18/08



So, this week has been pretty good. Of course I procrastinated these posts till the night before, but whatever, if I get them done now or earlier as long as I get them done. So, I was absent on Friday because I woke up and felt like a pile of steaming crap, not sure if you know how that feels but it's kinda goopy and gross. So I took a bunch of meds and slept all day. Then on Saturday was feeling better so my girl friend dragged me to see that "Bride Wars" movie. Overall it was ok, because it had some pretty funny parts in there. Then rest of the 3 day weekend just hung out with friends. Last post I was writing about how I really wanted to get a surf board, well that Sunday, I found a really good sized board and a great price of $60. And so I contacted him and found out he just lived about less than a mile away, and I went over checked it out and ended up buying it from him. It's 6'6 and had some nose damage but got repaired so it's all sealed up and ride able. Since I haven't surfed in 4 or 5 years, I think it's a good board to relearn on and be able to progress with. It looks pretty basic compared to some of the custom painted boards they have now. Now I need to get a new wet suit so I don't freeze. Because San Diego's water rarely gets over 70 F. So, what else is new this week, I got a new job at Grossmont College book store. Stocking books, and selling them when rush starts. First day on the job (Tuesday) I accidentally sliced my finger with a razor blade, when I was flattening boxes. I felt really stupid, because my boss just said "Be careful this is sharp" when handing me the razor. So I didn't say anything just kept working. Then on Thursday, I had to unpack 57 Oxford Antidoted Bibles (or something like that) and these suckers where about 4 inches thick! After which I had to get them up stairs where they shelf the books. Once I did that I had to open at least 100 boxes of books and check them in. And then cart them and send them upstairs, after that I had 30 minutes to cut all the boxes up and flatten them and place them on the loading dock. At least this time I didn't end up cutting myself. So that's how my week went basically. Probably more than you care but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment